Re: RMAN hangs after 10.2 upgrade

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 15:02:32 -0800

On 3/2/07, Orysia Husak <Orysia.Husak_at_apollogrp.edu> wrote:

> Jared,
>
> The control files are ASM on a SAN. We saw the waits on all 6 databases
> that were upgraded to 10.2.0.2 at the same time. Yes, they're all on the
> same SAN. There were no database files moved nor were there any SAN changes
> to my knowledge.

Well, that would make you suspicious of Oracle.

While we can't definitively identify the 10.2.0.2 as the cause… we still
> suspect that it is. However, as you say we can't rule out other
> possibilities.

In light of 6 instances experiencing the same symptoms, Oracle is the likely candidate.

Niall seems to have found the relevant ML note in a previous post to this thread.

ML Note # 247611.1

--
Jared Still