Re: Oracle XE and DST

From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 09:10:37 -0800 (PST)

thanks mark found the info and for any other xe users 108. Is Oracle Express Edition affected? Yes, for the time zone files only, it contains no JVM so this is not affected. Express Edition Server contains the same time zone files as a normal database. However, no patches are created for Express Edition. Despite this the time zone files can be updated manually. Locate the time zone file fix for the same version/platform combination for the normal releases of the Oracle database, and then apply these manually to your Express Edition Server using the same methods as described in Note 396387.1 <https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/showdoc?db=NOT&id=396387.1&blackframe=1>. Wayne ----- Original Message ---- From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@il.proquest.com> To: fuadar@yahoo.com; oracle-l@freelists.org Sent: Friday, March 2, 2007 9:52:15 AM Subject: RE: Oracle XE and DST I'm not an XE user, except for my toy database on my laptop, but, if I recall correctly, there is some info on the XE forum on OTN. -Mark -- Mark J. Bobak Senior Oracle Architect ProQuest/CSA "There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't." From: oracle-l-bounce@freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@freelists.org] On Behalf Of Fuad Arshad Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 10:00 AM To: oracle-l@freelists.org Subject: Oracle XE and DST We are doing a POC on oracle XE for some of our applications and reading thru the notes for DST no one talks about XE or Patches for it. any one have any/exposure to XE related issues on this topic?. BEGIN:VCARD VERSION:2.1 N:Bobak;Mark FN:Bobak, Mark ORG:ProQuest Information and Learning;Database Group TITLE:Software Architect, Sr-TPD TEL;WORK;VOICE:734.975.6086 ADR;WORK:;ECC4-N01E04;1400 Eisenhower Parkway LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:ECC4-N01E04=0D=0A1400 Eisenhower Parkway EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:Mark.Bobak@il.proquest.com REV:20051213T223654Z END:VCARD