tkprof interpretation

From: Harvinder Singh <Harvinder.Singh_at_MetraTech.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 16:58:25 -0500

Hi,

From the following tkprof output it looks like we are doing lot of fetch calls and also lot of misses during parsing and we have following 2 questions:

  1. Which parameter we need to set at ODBC connection level to increase the rows/buffer size for rows per fetch? (I can see the option at system dsn level but developers need to know the parameter name to specify as connection property)
  2. What is the interpretation of the following? Misses in library cache during parse (Misses while looking for plan in library cache--Hard parse) Misses in library cache during execute (Misses while about to execute the plan and found it missing/invalid in library cache)

call count cpu elapsed disk query current rows
------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

Parse 2 0.02 0.02 0 0 0 0
Execute 7 0.09 0.08 0 5 0 0
Fetch 2017 0.63 0.75 203 47302 0 15000

total 2026 0.75 0.86 203 47307 0 15000

Misses in library cache during parse: 1
Misses in library cache during execute: 5 Optimizer mode: ALL_ROWS

Environment : Oracle 10.2.0.1 on Rhat Linux 4

Thanks
--Harvinder
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Mar 01 2007 - 15:58:25 CST