Re: create db, mount stages, sql.bsq, catalog.sql

From: John Darrah <darrah.john_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 17:31:07 -0700

It makes sense to me that these views would exist because they point to x$tables which are basically just sql friendly representations of structs in the oracle code (someone please feel free to correct or elaborate on this). I've never actually done this but I would expect every v$view to be present at startup nomount. That's not to say that you can actually select from all of them as ones relying on data in the controlfile will fail until the controlfile id mounted. Also, these views and tables are part of the oracle binary itself. There are some v$views and x$tables that will basically let you map the address of every struct that is backed by a table in the SGA. There is an excellent paper on this written by a guru who's name escapes me. Kyle something? Does anyone on this list know the paper and author to which I am referring?