RE: Control File Sequential Read Waits

From: Orysia Husak <Orysia.Husak_at_apollogrp.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:47:06 -0700

We recreated the control file and the rman backups reverted to their original shorter time.

Orysia

Orysia Husak

Sr. Oracle DBA - Classroom Applications Hosting

University of Phoenix/ Apollo Group, Inc.

Office: 602-546-6934

Mobile: 602-377-8586

orysia.husak_at_apollogrp.edu

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Orysia Husak Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 2:47 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Control File Sequential Read Waits

After we upgraded one of our databases from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.2, our rman backup took 4 to 5 times longer. We began seeing that 65% of the time was being spent in control file sequential reads. We have googled, did metalink searches, and submitted an SR, but haven't been able to determine what is causing the control file sequential read waits.

Our server is redhat 2.69. Our database is on ASM, RAC, and our backups are written to the flash recovery area which is also on ASM.

Any ideas what might be causing these waits?

Thanking you in advance!