RE: OCP DBA question?

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:29:39 -0700

Maybe not worth it for you, but that depends - many employers still require certification. I learned a lot from my studying for the certifications, but that was a result of the effort I put into it. I also read the material thoroughly and practice to make sure I understand the concepts and don't just remember the syntax for the test.

I took the online (instructor-led) course a few years back and it did quailify for the Oracle course back then, but that could've changed by now so you'd better confirm with Oracle. Funny thing is that you don't really even have to be there - you could just log your PC in for the course and then go out to the beach for the day, so the whole course requirement is a joke as far as I'm concerned. I think it serves more to make extra money for Oracle Education rather than improve the image of the OCP.

Regards,
Brandon