Re: decision to use or not use an rman catalog?

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:27:47 +0300

Ryan,

As other already suggested unless you dont concern storing rman scripts and not borther about the long history of your backups, you can have rman w/o. By the default control file record time is 7 days, if you wish, you can modify the parameter to have longer history, in this case, you control file grows in size.

Jaffar

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain

http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."