Re: Oracle Management Agent Configuration in a Active-Passive HA environment

From: Jason Heinrich <jheinrich_at_pcci.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:22:44 -0600

Yes, I setup this same type of configuration for a test Fail Safe cluster. It seemed to work well. My only issue was that the cluster agent discovered the database with a different name on node 1 than on node 2, so it showed up as two different instances in Grid Control. I didnąt play with it long enough to resolve the issue, but part of the problem was that the agent home was not shared between the two nodes; I suspect that if you follow the instructions in the link you gave, you shouldnąt have any problems.

On 2/26/07 7:03 PM, Verma, Amit wrote:

> We are using HP Service Guard clustering for a 2 node cluster (Non-RAC). It
> will be an Active-Passive environment with manual failover/switchover. The
> database will be 10.2.0.2. I have to install 10.2.0.1/2 management agent to
> monitor this configuration and the targets within.
>
> I read the documentation, which says that install management agent on the 2
> physical nodes separately, remove the targets that should be managed as a
> cluster (perhaps DB and listener) and then install another (third) agent on
> the virtual hostname/IP address. Has anyone done this before? Any insights
> would be much appreciated. Thanks.
>
> http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/em.102/b40002/actpass_env.ht
> m#CHDHAHCB
> <http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/em.102/b40002/actpass_env.h