RE: external table access hangs

From: Herring Dave - dherri <Dave.Herring_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 06:58:27 -0600

Mladen,

> Did you try dumping process and system states and ask Oracle Corp. to
> investigate, the process known as "opening a TAR"?

Normally I try to avoid checking in with the oracle-l community if I already have an SR opened, unless the SR is going no where or Oracle just can't find the answer. In that case I'm make sure to include in my email that I've got an SR opened already. I realize the SR process is there for us to use, but it can take quite a while in some cases and most of the time this community offers so much more in real-life experience and help.

I'm just trying not to abuse access to this community of knowledge, like posting to mulitple sites at the same time would be (at least in my opinion).

Dave

David C. Herring, DBA | A c x i o m Delivery Center Organization

630-944-4762 office | 630-430-5988 wireless | 630-944-4989 fax

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged.

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please resend this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system.

Thank you.