Re: What to keep in ASM?

From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:42:25 -0800

Don,

It is slightly incorrect. ASM does not work at block level. It works at extent level or allocation unit level (1MB most cases) and hotblocks exist in ASM too. You may have to tweak the block level parameters to avoid hotblocks.. You may want to use X$KSLHOT to nail down them.

--
Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan

Author: Oracle Database 10g RAC Handbook, Oracle Press 2006