Re: What to keep in ASM?

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 16:07:13 -0500

Yep. You can backup backupsets or datafile copies for example. You can as well backup database once again but that would increase workload to the production DG (well, if it's on seprate physical spindles, otherwise it doesn't really matter).

Actually, you don't have to create separate disk group for that - you might just unmount temporary your standard backup diskgroup. However, if you place FRA on it, archive logs, change tracking file, flashback logs, etc., then you won't be able to umount it. In addition, your storage admin might not like it - it's common practice to zone production LUNs away from development environments. Separate LUNs on the other hand might have different status and SA's might go easier with their policy.

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

http://www.oracloid.com