Re: PeopleSoft Performance on Oracle 10.2.0.2

From: Job Miller <jobmiller_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:18:33 -0800 (PST)

turn off the auto stats collection job in 10g, and use the supplied ptools stats collection script. That being said though, I *think* the supplied stats collection script for 10g comes with the 8.48 tools release. that tools stats collection script though should be applicable to your environment regardless of your tools release.

  Job

Parvez Bashir <pbashir_at_hotmail.com> wrote:   Many thanks for making us aware. We are not running system stats on the 9i version.

Regards,
Parvez

>From: Wolfgang Breitling

>To: pbashir_at_hotmail.com
>CC: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
>Subject: Re: PeopleSoft Performance on Oracle 10.2.0.2 Date: Fri, 23 Feb
>2007 12:50:33 -0700
>
>Did you run Oracle 9.2.0.5 with system statistics. If not, that could be a
>bit of a shock when you upgrade as 10g will use system statistics (unless
>you set some _ initialization parameter).
>In general it should be positive but there is always an exception to any
>rule.
>
>At 11:03 AM 2/23/2007, Parvez Bashir wrote:
>>Hi All,
>>
>>We are uprading our PeopleSoft environment this weekend from Oracle
>>9.2.0.5 to Oracle 10.2.0.2 (with DST and Oct CPU patches) on Aix 5.3. The
>>PeopleTools will also be upgraded to PeopleTools version 8.22.14?
>>
>>Any advice on performance/optimizer related settings?
>
>Regards
>
>Wolfgang Breitling
>Centrex Consulting Corporation
>www.centrexcc.com

>This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
>For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email

Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - Refinance $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro*Terms

Need Mail bonding?