Re: What to keep in ASM?

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 18:25:44 -0500

Don,

Keeping controlfiles/redo on ASM partially, why would you even want to consider it?
Your complex configuration gives you more troubles than benefits - it's just a mess of different storage technologies.

You might have a reason not to trust your backups to ASM but (if you are on RAC) you would need cluster file system then.

To get your backup to another host here is an option (just a sketch): Create separate ASM DG with LUNs visible from both - production and development server. Instead of rsync, use RMAN to backup your FRA or backup pieces to this special DG. Unmount from production. Mount on test host and get backup from there.

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

http://www.oracloid.com