Re: DST new patches for time zone and Java.

From: M Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 15:47:02 -0500

After getting these notes and revised patches, we have to apply TZ and Java patches again. Now Canada related times zones issue has been resolved and oracle scripts give correct result of '1' instead of '0'.

Regards
Rafiq

From: Joe Armstrong-Champ <joseph.armstrong-champ_at_tufts.edu> Reply-To: joseph.armstrong-champ_at_tufts.edu To: Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com
CC: jkstill_at_gmail.com, Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Re: DST Apology
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:14:49 -0500

I second Brandon's advise. I just finished going back and updating some databases with the script that oracle released to fix this problem.

Thanks for the heads up, Brandon.

Allen, Brandon wrote:
>But while we're on the subject (again), let me emphasize for the 42nd time
>that the "updated" utltzuv2.sql script as downloaded from Metalink is in
>fact *not* complete/correct. I have been trying to get this point across
>for weeks now (on this list, under the subject "ALERT - Potentially Serious
>Problem with DST Patches for New Timezones"), but I'm not sure how many
>people are listening. Metalink released two notes addressing this problem
>on Feb 12th and I strongly recommend everyone read them: 414590.1 &
>414826.1.
> Regards,
>Brandon

Win a Zune™—make MSN® your homepage for your chance to win!
http://homepage.msn.com/zune?icid=hmetagline