Re: Export hangs on "exporting object type definitions"

From: Louis BROUILLETTE <Louis.Brouillette_at_uqtr.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 16:49:08 -0500

I remember having that kind of problem. It was on AIX 5.2 and export hanged on full export but also on owner export (any owner). IIRC, this was caused by an environment variable (LIBPATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH) set to a wrong value. I think that "ORACLE_HOME/lib32" was before "ORACLE_HOME/lib". Switching these 2 solved the problem.

At 10:27 2007-02-21, Schauss, Peter wrote:
>This is Oracle 9.2.0.7 running on win2k3. When we try to do a full
>export it hangs. The last line in the log file is "exporting object
>type definitions".

Louis Brouillette
Analyste en informatique (DBA)
Universite du Quebec a Trois-Rivieres