Re: ASM question

From: Ghassan Salem <salem.ghassan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 21:20:45 +0100

Amir,
when you have 2 failure groups, if you loose one of them, ASM tries to create a mirror of the remaining data in the same FG. So, as your diskgroup is 10G, you need to keep 5G free in case it needs to duplicate the data (that's the REQUIRED_MIRROR...). As for the usable_file_mb, it says that you can safely use 7G and have almost 1/2 of that left in case you need to mirror the data in case of disk failure.

rgds