Tuning for High Volume of Updates of Temporary info into a Small Table ?

From: VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 17:52:25 +0530

Folks

Our Banking Product has an Application Login Table into which Session Connect information is INSERTED on User Login.

Approx 10,000 Concurrent Users login & hence the Table contains about 10,000 rows.

Info created by 1 session may be used by Another Database Session process. On User Logout the respective Session information Record is DELETED. An Application Load of 300 UPDATEs per second happen to the Table's different rows at random (NOT to every row) depending on the respective Application User's Transaction

NOTE - Each Update is updating a unique single row via the unique index.

What options, ideas can be considered to make the Updates faster & less CPU consuming?

Some ideas Checked already are:-

I will provide any Clarifications needed on this.

Thanks indeed