Re: Beaking down SQL performance by wait time

From: <gerry_at_millerandbowman.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 07:24:51 +0000

If you have access to a 10g version of tkprof, it can be run against a pre-9i raw trace file and the resulting output will include the wait events. There is one proviso in that tkprof must be able to identify that the source of the file was pre-9i, so that it will know to calculate the timings as centiseconds and not microseconds. It does this by picking up the word 'Oracle8' at the beginning of a line in the raw trace file header; if the header is missing you can simply concatenate the word 'Oracle8' to the end of the trace file and tkprof will get the message.

This probably is also the case with the 9i version of tkprof, but I haven't tested it.

Regards
Gerry Miller