RE: DST Strategy

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 08:54:02 -0500

Looks good. On the database side database restartability is not an issue since it doesn't have to be shut down in the first place. On the java side I cannot comment.

I would go straight to version 4 and get it overwith, or eventually you will do analogously the same thing again. (which is what I am doing).

The reason is that someone somewhere may decide to experiment with these data types, and it can be confusing enough as it is before receiving the wrong answers. Then of course you need to update.

While your at it, check your DBTIMEZONE is what you want, not that it makes a whole lot of difference, especially if you always use format masks, but for the most part it is best that it is consistent, and it is easy now. It is for timestamp with local time zone. But once using the datatype, changing DBTIMEZONE is hardly practical.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson_at_crowley.com
x72546