RE: EnterpriseDB

From: Milen Kulev <makulev_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 22:24:09 +0100

????
Laimutis , what do you means "understanding PostgreSQL as well as Firebird have some serious issues with that(MVCC)" ? I do not know Firebird, but PG (I am talking about PG version >8.0) has no issues with MVCC (yes, it depends waht do you qualify as issue....). In PG you get absolutely the same MVCC as Oracle . The underlying implementation is totally diffrent, though (table inlibe undo segments).

Best Regrads.
Milen

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Richard J. Goulet

Agree, I was asked to "pick my own poison" from the open source world a few years ago, before EnterpriseDB exited. If you are going to use an open source db I'd highly recommend PostGreSql over ALL of the other offerings out there, particularly MySql.

Fyrirvari/Disclaimer
 <http://www.landsbanki.is/disclaimer> http://www.landsbanki.is/disclaimer