RE: Background Checks for DBAs

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:00:15 -0800

Management, are People with legitimate access. I stand by my statement. The access can also be indirect. Not to long ago a truck was robbed which contained tapes with credit card information. The thieves left other merchandise on the truck, strongly suggesting that they had someone on the inside. If so the person would just had to have known when the tapes are sent out.

I don't know of any DBA that has been convicted let alone charged with information theft. The opportunity is there especially at sites which deal with a lot of PII.

Ian