RE: EnterpriseDB

From: Richard J. Goulet <rgoulet_at_kanbay.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:16:54 -0500

Agree, I was asked to "pick my own poison" from the open source world a few years ago, before EnterpriseDB exited. If you are going to use an open source db I'd highly recommend PostGreSql over ALL of the other offerings out there, particularly MySql.

Dick Goulet, Senior Oracle DBA

45 Bartlett St Marlborough, Ma 01752, USA Tel.: 508.573.1978 |Fax: 508.229.2019 | Cell:508.742.5795

RGoulet_at_kanbay.com

: POWERING TRANSFORMATION

From: Mark Strickland [mailto:strickland.mark_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 11:30 AM To: ineyman_at_perceptron.com
Cc: Richard J. Goulet; rjfeighery_at_gmail.com; Oracle-L List Subject: Re: EnterpriseDB

We use Postgres for a small application and I evaluated EnterpriseDB earlier this year for its replication functionality so that we could replicate transactions from the primary Production database server to a failover server. I did a basic functional test, not a smoke test. I was able to install it and set up the replication without much heartache. Their technical support was quite good especially compared to a similar company's product that we evaluated.

Mark Strickland
Seattle, WA

klogo.gif