RE: Tnanames.ora

From: Reidy, Ron <Ron.Reidy_at_arraybiopharma.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:49:54 -0700

Howard Rodgers has an article on his site on how to set up AD to do TNS resolution - http://www.dizwell.com/prod/node/23

I am planning a test after the DST CF.

--

Ron Reidy
Lead DBA
Array BioPharma, Inc.

-----Original Message-----

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Mladen Gogala Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 9:18 AM To: oracle-l
Subject: Tnanames.ora

Is there anything else for name resolution, except OID and tnsnames? I am not installing yet another
database just for the name resolution. There used to be Oracle*Names, but some smart guy decided
not to support it. Is everybody on NIS mapped tnsnames.ora files, like me or is there a better solution?

--

Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA

This electronic message transmission is a PRIVATE communication which contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by telephone (877-633-2436, ext. 0), and then delete it from your system.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Feb 21 2007 - 10:49:54 CST