RE: CIO on AIX

From: Louis BROUILLETTE <Louis.Brouillette_at_uqtr.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:46:12 -0500

OK, I found out exactly what happened.

In the documentation (IBM or Oracle, can't remember), it says that in 10g, you don't have to mount the filesystem in CIO because Oracle will open it in CIO mode (with filesystemio_options=setall). I did just that (did not mount the filesystem in CIO mode). When trying to backup the datafiles (or do a cp while the database is open), I got the following message:

cp: php_data01.dbf: A system call received a parameter that is not valid.

When filesystems are mounted in CIO, everything is fine.

And again, no problem with export, sorry.

>Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:02:51 -0500
>To: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>, <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
>From: Louis BROUILLETTE <Louis.Brouillette_at_uqtr.ca>
>Subject: RE: CIO on AIX
>
>Sorry, that's a mistake. exp was fine. It's the datafiles backup that
>was not going well.
>I'm not using RMAN so during hot backup, I do a "alter tablespace ...
>begin backup" and when trying to copy the files, I got an error. I'll try
>to find exactly what was going on at that time and come back to you.

Louis Brouillette
Analyste en informatique (DBA)
Universite du Quebec a Trois-Rivieres
Tel: (819) 376-5011 ext. 2435