Re: log file switch (checkpoint incomplete)

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 23:59:36 -0500

status active means that this online redo log is required for crash recovery.

Try "ALTER SYSTEM CHECKPOINT;" you should see that status ACTIVE should disappear.

You need to checkpoint more aggressively (depending on your Oracle version like setting MTTR_TARGET appropriately) or increase size / number of logs as Mark mentioned already.

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

http://www.oracloid.com