Re: Db Query Tuning

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 08:29:28 -0800 (PST)

Wolfgang

  I am not good in reading the trace and so using ORasrp as well as your site to understand the steps. Your site has great paper on the CBO behaviour

  Tx

Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com> wrote:   At 12:39 AM 2/20/2007, Syed Jaffar Hussain wrote:   Sanjay,

I do agree with Wolfgang Breitling.

However, if you are on 10g, I would suggest to enable event 10132 in place of 10053.

http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/2006/11/27/event-10132/ However, that will only give you the comparison of the optimizer parameters, not the comparison of whether and where the base table cardinality estimates differ as well as other differences in the way the CBO assembles the access plans.

  Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation
www.centrexcc.com