Re: Db Query Tuning

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 18:30:24 +0300

I agree with you Breitling, but, Sanjay, already said, there is a difference in the value of data between the databases.

On 2/20/07, Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com> wrote:

> At 12:39 AM 2/20/2007, Syed Jaffar Hussain wrote:
>
> Sanjay,
>
> I do agree with *Wolfgang Breitling.
> *
> However, if you are on 10g, I would suggest to enable event 10132 in place
> of 10053.
>
> http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/2006/11/27/event-10132/
>

> However, that will only give you the comparison of the optimizer
> parameters, not the comparison of whether and where the base table
> cardinality estimates differ as well as other differences in the way the CBO
> assembles the access plans.
>
> Regards
>
> Wolfgang Breitling
> Centrex Consulting Corporation
> www.centrexcc.com

Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain
Oracle ACE
8i,9i & 10g OCP DBA

http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."