restore datafile to standby database

From: Ujang Jaenudin <ujang.jaenudin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 16:02:27 +0700

dear all,

i have a standby database which use raw devices under solaris 9. and a primary database which use filesystem under solaris 9 too.

recently i have a problem which is nologging issue. see ML 290161.1

my question is how we know that when restore to raw devices through rman, will it replace file in the raw?
or should I create new raw and directing my new restore to new raw?

--

regards
ujang

--