High RunQue

From: Shivaswamy Raghunath <shivaswamykr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:54:10 -0500

Hello.

I don't understand this. Can some one share their thought, please?

I am referring to vmstat on HP Unix.

I find that several times, the runque_waits is "high" (considerably higher than the number of CPUs) even when the total CPU Usage is "low" (still 20 to 30% CPU is free). Should not the scheduler have allocated the runnable processes to the available processors? One caveat is, of course I am looking into the hourly aggregated data. That could, possibly make difference.

Thanks,
Shiva