RE: Optimizer not using index on raw column

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:55:04 -0500

Yes, the problem is that you're doing an implicit conversion. If you use HEXTORAW() it should solve the problem.

Try:

select * from tab1 wnere raw_column = hextoraw('value');

Hope that helps,

-Mark

--

Mark J. Bobak

Senior Oracle Architect

ProQuest Information & Learning

There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which shouldn't be done at all. -Peter F. Drucker, 1909-2005

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Harvinder Singh Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 2:12 PM To: oracle-l
Subject: Optimizer not using index on raw column

Hi,

We have an unique index on raw(16) column but whenever we issue a query on this table optimizer is doing fullscan and not using the index but when I force index it works fine:

Select * from tab1 where raw_column = 'value';

Is this expected behavior that when we refer RAW columns in query that Optimizer not use the index?

Thanks

--Harvinder

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Feb 14 2007 - 13:55:04 CST