assign permissions data_owner to data_select

From: Bob <orcl_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 12:48:48 -0500

Elementary question but....

Say I have schema data_owner - this guy owns his data and can do what he likes in that schema.

I want to create a user "data_select" who can only select from
"data_owner" and must be dynamic ie when new objects get created
data_select need to see that.

Is there a nice straight forward way to do this? Im thinking dynamic sql and a log on trigger for data_select, but hopefully there is a nice clean way to do this

I believe this is a common technique and Im wondering how most dba's handle it.

Thanks
Bob

--

"Oracle error messages being what they are, do not
highlight the correct cause of fault, but will identify some other error located close to where the real fault lies." -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l