Re: Swap Leak on Solaris 9 and a posting from last year by Grzegorz Goryszewski

From: Mark Strickland <strickland.mark_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:00:37 -0800

New information. On the logical standby server, the total swap size plunged yesterday morning from 14-GB to 1.8-GB when the network admin ran a Qualys port scan. On the physical standby server, I don't collect OS stats, but total swap size (not swap available...TOTAL swap size) was 450-MB a few minutes ago and the size of the ocssd process was 6-GB. I just killed ocssd and total swap size jumped back up to 6.6-GB and seems to be rising steadily and is now at 6.9-GB. The network admin just ran another port scan on the logical standby server and total swap size plunged from 14-GB to 2-GB and seems to be steadily dropping. At the same time, the size of the ocssd process jumped from 30-MB to 12-GB. So, we need to figure out the relationship between the port scan, swap, and the ocssd daemon.

Thanks for responding.

Mark