Re: Oracle client for Unix

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:30:24 +0100

Try PERL with DBD::Oracle (look on search.cpan.org for the perl module) - if your server has internet connection, a simple

perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBD::Oracle'

will obtain, compile, and install it for you (assuming you're not on production, and have a C compiler on your machine)

I use it a lot for small database-related tasks.

Stefan