Oracle client for Unix

From: Laimutis Nedzinskas <Laimutis.Nedzinskas_at_landsbanki.is>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 10:23:24 -0000

What is the most trouble free and easy to setup environment to program a small Oracle client on Unix (AIX 5.2/3) The client is basically a command line which can execute a few sql´s. Sqlplus and shell combination is not really enough for me. I've always did such things on Windows or Web server but here I just need a small VB like script. OCI seems too much for me for such a task. Can it be PHP? Java (even if I hate it)?

Thank you in advance,
Laimis N
Fyrirvari/Disclaimer
http://www.landsbanki.is/disclaimer