RE: RMAN Performance Maladies

From: Michael Fontana <MFontana_at_verio.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:06:09 -0500

Our site has a SAN from EMC and the claim from the vendor is that such should never be an issue

From: Jared Still [mailto:jkstill_at_gmail.com] Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 6:02 PM
To: naqimirza_at_yahoo.com
Cc: Michael Fontana; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: RMAN Performance Maladies

On 2/12/07, Naqi Mirza <naqimirza_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

        The problem I witnessed at a certain site - never got resolved, the site was also using RAID 5 - I suspected this as the culprit

I would not expect RAID5 to be a problem during backup, unless there is a
lot of write activity to the drives during that time.

--

Jared Still

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Feb 12 2007 - 18:06:09 CST