Re: Ora Apps ERD's

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:31:58 -0800

On 2/11/07, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Oracle E-Business Suite is the second ERP package that I have worked
> with in anger. Neither of them use relational integrity constraints in
> the database. At least one reason that was given to me was precisely
> so that they could avoid their customers reverse engineering their
> design. In addition it means that you pretty much have to used
> published APIs and tools to work with the database.

I am somewhat familiar with SAP, Oracle Apps and Lawson

Lawson - Legacy Mainframe app. V/ISAM files copied to tables SAP - Same as Lawson

Oracle Apps - Not quite as sure about it, but I believe its origins predate the use of referential integrity in the database.

I first started with Apps 9.x, but I don't recall too much of what the tables looked like. After upgrading from 10.7 to 11i, it doesn't appear that much has changed in the tables, at least the few tables I work with directly. Additions, yes, but I don't think wholesale changes to the schema

This could be mistaken, as I am only familiar with some of the HR tables. Other modules may have much more change.

--
Jared Still