Large system level date changed

From: Smith, Steven K - MSHA <Smith.Steven_at_DOL.GOV>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 08:56:21 -0700

Testing for the DST time changes is being planned here. It's actually going to have a minimal impact, but the testing needs to happen. Anyway, the request is to change the server level dates to the second Sunday in March to simulate the DST change.

I understand that Oracle should/doesn't use the system dates to keep transaction continuity. I was about to give my input that changing the system date should not have an issue on the database itself until I ran into metalink note # 253977.1

That note says:

"While opening the database, Oracle compares the given SCN value with the reasonable upper limit value calculated based on the system date. If Oracle detects the provided scn is too large, ORA-600[2252] would be raised."

Now I'm a little concerned that when we change the system date back to the current correct date, I might have issues.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Steve Smith

Envision Technology Partners / MSHA MSIS Team

Desk: 303-231-5499