Re: Ora Apps ERD's

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 06:31:57 +0000

Oracle E-Business Suite is the second ERP package that I have worked with in anger. Neither of them use relational integrity constraints in the database. At least one reason that was given to me was precisely so that they could avoid their customers reverse engineering their design. In addition it means that you pretty much have to used published APIs and tools to work with the database.

We've had trouble at both sites with data integrity - though to be fair you could probably assign 'blame' at customisations/configuration. In the case of APPS I'd caution that you get people who really know what they are doing working on any customized workflows that you have, and ditto for any custom framework pages.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA