Re: How to find large_pool map in SGA?

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:53:55 -0500

Thanks Fairlie.
x$ksmls for large pool is the same as x$ksmss for shared pool and it doesn't have addresses - only areas and sizes.
I thought that there should be something like x$ksmsp but for large pool and I would expect it to be named x$ksmlp but there is no such X$ table. I checked all kernel service memory x$ksm% tables and couldn't find anything useful for large pool .

As I mentioned already, heapdump level 32 gave me what I was looking for.

I tried the to dump the heap using "heapdump_addr level 1, addr=<...>" but got
"ORA-00081: address range [0x31F6DFF4, 0x31F6E038) is not readable"

I think this is not permission issue (everything must be accessible, right) but format of this heap is different than from shared pool heaps. I even tried to go via oradebug to the process that should have something to do with this area and got the same ORA-81.

Here is what I'm looking into:

  Chunk 31d72ff4 sz=  2072588    freeable  "krcc extent chu"
  Chunk 31f6dff4 sz=    20492    freeable  "CTWR dba buffer"
  Chunk 31f73ff4 sz=   364556    freeable  "CTWR dba buffer"