Re: using ifile in the tnsnames.ora file

From: Naqi Mirza <naqimirza_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 01:34:40 -0800 (PST)

The E Business Suite as far as I can recall at least with 11i has always used the ifile parameter. There is a tool called autoconfig which allows you to manage your 11i installation. Running this tool would typically wipe out any entires one has entered into these files, the ifile allows you to make your changes persistent, through autoconfig runs.