Re: 10.2.0.1 DST patchset

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 20:57:12 -0500

On 2/7/07, Sam Bootsma <sbootsma_at_georgebrown.ca> wrote:
> Why couldn't Oracle Support tell me that right away? Or why couldn't that
> it be mentioned in the readme that came with the CPU that existing patches
> may be rolled back (instead of telling me to set up an SR)?

Oh they could - there is a way to determine whether two patches are compatible or not (actually opatch does it for you before installation) but in your case they were just lazy or ignorant or both where the latter is usually the case.
You should have insisted in verification.

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

The Pythian Group