Grid Control in an SAP world

From: Richard J. Goulet <rgoulet_at_kanbay.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 14:10:34 -0500

Greetings friends,

    I'm tasked with installing & configuring EM Grid control for a number of databases that have been installed following the SAP (Silly A__ Perverts) mantra. Namely the servers have multiple ora<SID> accounts where the software and databases reside. One thing that Grid Control wants is seamless SSH connectivity to all clients where the username/password are all the same. Obviously this is not the case here. I'm thinking of Installing the Agents than right way while I work on the rest of the trash. Anybody else have experience with this? Any other ideas that you've seen work?

Dick Goulet, Senior Oracle DBA

45 Bartlett St Marlborough, Ma 01752, USA Tel.: 508.573.1978 |Fax: 508.229.2019 | Cell:508.742.5795

RGoulet_at_kanbay.com

: POWERING TRANSFORMATION

klogo.gif