RE: Using DD to Read Data from Oracle Datafiles

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 11:21:10 -0500

Consider in the case for ORACLE, not paying license fees for Oracle is not a DBA/IT thing. I submit also that this is much more money.

If the business wishes to do otherwise, The DBA/IT should wait to find a new job.. as they may not be able to up and quit. Turning them offender in might be considered ethical, and lead to a new job too... quickly.

But not paying for licenses, I do not believe can be an 'IT' call -- depending on if you consider someone like the CIO 'IT'. Point being much more money.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson_at_crowley.com
x72546