Re: Using DD to Read Data from Oracle Datafiles

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 09:13:11 -0700

…Uh, I gotta part ways with you. Your DBA priveledges mean nothing if you give a reasonable hack a shell prompt and execute priveleges for /bin/cc

Yeah, I went too far on that coment.  Without "world" permissions, you can play with BBED all you want to no avail.  "dd" can still cause trouble, but a "C" compiler in a production environment is begging for trouble...
-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Feb 09 2007 - 10:13:11 CST