Re: oerr for Windows

From: Jason Heinrich <jheinrich_at_pcci.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 09:26:57 -0600

A couple options I can think of off the top of my head: 1) If you use SQL Devleoper, Fourth Elephant (www.fourthelephant.com) has a plugin that adds an error lookup box to the toolbar. 2) If you still need it for the command line, Jonathan Lewis has a good write-up that describes a few different options: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/windowsoerr.html

On 2/9/07 8:54 AM, Rich Holland [oramail] wrote:

> Iım working in a Windows shop for awhile, and I sorely miss being able to type
> ³oerr ora 1555² at the command line and get a quick blurb about the error
> message. Has anyone found a replacement for this that doesnıt involved
> looking things up in documentation files?
>
> Thanks
> Rich

Jason Heinrich
Oracle Database Administrator