Re: Create DB on RAC Error - urgent

From: A Ebadi <ebadi01_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 09:21:23 -0800 (PST)

Jay,

  That was it! Thanks a lot for your help. After applying the fix, both of our RAC instances are up now.

  I will close my SR with Oracle Support now and tell them about the fix. :)

  Thanks again,
  Abdul

jayaraj rengarajan <jayaraj.rengarajan_at_gmail.com> wrote:

    Abdul:

Seem to be a known issue (Metalink Note 390591.1). We encountered similar issue in Linux RAC cluster and has been resoled by following this note.

Cause

  Installing the 10.2.0.2 patchset in a RAC installation on any Unix platform does not correctly update the libknlopt.a file on all nodes. The local node where the installer is run does update libknlopt.a but remote nodes do not get the updated file. This can lead to dumps or internal errors on the remote nodes if Oracle is subsequently relinked.   Solution

  There are two solutions for this problem:
  1. Manual copy of the "libknlopt.a" library to the offending nodes :
    • ensure all instances are shut down
      • manually copy $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib/libknlopt.a from the local node to all remote nodes
      • relink Oracle on all nodes : make -f ins_rdbms.mk ioracle
  2. Install the patchset on every node using the "-local" option: On Unix: runInstaller -updateNodeList -local ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_HOME CLUSTER_NODES=node1,node2,... On Windows: setup.exe -updateNodeList -local ORACLE_HOME=%ORACLE_HOME% CLUSTER_NODES=node1,node2,...

-Jay

  On 2/7/07, A Ebadi <ebadi01_at_yahoo.com> wrote: We are trying to install a 2-node RAC with ASM (Oracle 10.2.0.2.0 on Solaris 10) and getting the error below when using dbca to create the database. The error occurs when dbca is done creating the DB (100%). Any suggestions?

  PRKP-1001: Error starting instance atlprd2 on node f10bb5-01   CRS-0215: Could not start resource 'ora.atlprd.atlprd2.inst'

  We have tried starting atlprd2 instance manually and get the error below regarding an issue with spfile which is on ASM.

  ORA-01565: error in identifying file '+SYS_DG/atlprd/spfileatlprd.ora'
  ORA-17503: ksfdopn:2 Failed to open file +SYS_DG/atlprd/spfileatlprd.ora
  ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

  By the way, instance one (atlprd1) is fine.

  Thanks!
  -Abdul

  Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel to find your fit.

Be a PS3 game guru.