Re: FW: oracle database performance/availability/outage issue

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 13:46:28 -0600

List,

Okay, maybe I'm missing something here. Usually when I get a symptom related to the SGA being too small, my first instince is to increase the SHARED_POOL_SIZE parameter. I tend to shy away from tweaking individual components of the shared pool.

Alex - I would also strongly suggest you upgrade from 8.1.6 to at least 8.1.7.4.

Dennis