Backing up RMAN catalog database

From: Fred Smith <fred_fred_1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 10:19:47 -0500

Hello

I am curious how those of you that use an RMAN catalog go about backing it up.

I'm running Netbackup 5.1MP7 and backup 5 databases to a master server. My rman catalog database is on a separate server. Do you backup the catalog database to the same master server?
Do you simply connect with the target being the rman catalog (and no connection to a catalog database)?

Are there any issues with backing up the catalog database to the same master server?

Thanks!

FREE online classifieds from Windows Live Expo buy and sell with people you know
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwex0010000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://expo.live.com?s_cid=Hotmail_tagline_12/06