Backing up RMAN catalog database

From: Fred Smith <fred_fred_1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 10:19:47 -0500

Hello

I am curious how those of you that use an RMAN catalog go about backing it up.

I'm running Netbackup 5.1MP7 and backup 5 databases to a master server. My rman catalog database is on a separate server. Do you backup the catalog database to the same master server?
Do you simply connect with the target being the rman catalog (and no connection to a catalog database)?

Are there any issues with backing up the catalog database to the same master server?

Thanks!

FREE online classifieds from Windows Live Expo – buy and sell with people you know
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwex0010000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://expo.live.com?s_cid=Hotmail_tagline_12/06