RE: Statspack setup for 2nd RAC instance ?...basic Qs

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 12:17:39 -0700

Vivek,

Yes, you did communicate the issue sufficiently. What you have not done is understand Barb's response sufficiently.

You only need to take at least two snapshots on an instance in order for "spreport.sql" to have something against which to report. The STATSPACK repository is always installed initially capable of handling data from multiple OPS/RAC instances - there is no "installation" process for additional OPS/RAC instances. Barb provided you with instructions on how to schedule DBMS_JOB jobs on the second instance -- once those snapshots happen, then "spreport.sql" will have something to report against.

Hope this helps...

-Tim

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 23:23:55 +0530, VIVEK_SHARMA wrote