Re: Statspack setup for 2nd RAC instance ?...basic Qs

From: Barbara Baker <barb.baker_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 10:23:48 -0700

Vivek:
When I set up statspack, here's my checklist. (This is VMS, i.e., a REAL cluster. YMMV)
run spcreate (once)
run spauto (on each node)
run Tim Gorman's purge scheduler sppurpkg

     (www.evdbt.com Tim has a bunch of statspack add-ons that are wonderful)
mod the job instance on each node for spauto to run regularly

  alter session set nls_date_format ='DD-MON-YYYY HH24:MI';

--
--  Schedule a snapshot to be run on this instance every hour at 5 till the
hour

variable instno number;
begin
  select instance_number into :instno from v$instance;
end;
/
begin
  dbms_job.change(&&job_nbr,
                  null,
                  null,
                  null,
                  :instno
                   );
  commit;
end;
/

add Tim's spparams to change threshhold stuff

Good luck!
Barb